Job Title: President & General Manager
Reports to: Chairman & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Who is eCommerce Direct:
In today’s world all commerce is eCommerce and brands must be able to connect the digital and physical commerce worlds with ease. eCommerce Direct’s technology enabled fulfillment center provides a robust end-to-end solution to help our clients grow their top line through direct-to-consumer solutions: seize cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, integrate multichannel efforts, and improve customer targeting.
What we’re looking for………team members who are hungry, humble and smart. We love to work with people who always do the right thing and care deeply about each other, our clients and our communities.
The General Manager (“GM”) will be the business unit leader for sales, marketing, operations for eCommerce Direct. This is a key position with primary responsibilities for growth and expansion of the organization. The GM will own the P&L and the achievement of growth and financial targets. The GM will directly manage three direct reports – Director of Sales, Director of Operations and the Director of Customer Service.
- Develop and manage the strategic growth plan along with ensuring the profitable operations of the fulfillment center
- Ensure the achievement of company targets including sales, profit, safety and compliance
- Maintain acceptable standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Set daily / weekly / monthly goals with the sales, operations and customer service teams and ensure achievement
- Support, communicate, implement, sustain and consistently enforce all company policies and ground rules
- Lead annual business and individual performance objectives
- Ability to generate and submit reports on performance and progress
- Set direction and lead teams in lean operations, 5S, safety, teamwork and the overall implementation of Industry 4.0 Standards and Principles
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Required Behaviors
- Proven work experience leading sales and customer relationships in a fulfillment or 3PL
- Proven results in growing sales in a fulfillment or 3PL business
- Understand and experience in fulfillment production requirements
- Expertise in fulfillment and warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Flexibility to work longer hours during peak season
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Detailed oriented and organized with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to stand and walk a substantial portion of the work shift
- Ability to lift to 35 lbs. by yourself and use assistance of another team member for anything greater than that up to 70 lbs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
B.S. degree in operations, logistics, supply chain management or business administration
5+ years of sales experience in a fulfillment business
Competitive salary and benefits
To apply click the button below. Please include your resume.
This job description is subject to change at any time. As part of your employment, you may be asked to perform duties outside of this job description. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.