Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Director of Customer Experience
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Who is eCommerce Direct:
In today’s world all commerce is eCommerce and brands must be able to connect the digital and physical commerce worlds with ease. eCommerce Direct’s technology enabled fulfillment center provides a robust end-to-end solution to help our clients grow their top line through direct-to-consumer solutions: seize cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, integrate multichannel efforts, and improve customer targeting.
What we’re looking for………team members who are hungry, humble and smart. We love to work with people who always do the right thing and care deeply about each other, our clients and our communities.
The eCommerce Customer Service Representative (“CSR”) role is in Des Moines, IA and the CSR will interact with the company’s customer by addressing inquiries and resolving complaints. The role will interact heavily and be a part of the Client Account Management team.
- Interacts with external customers via telephone, email, online chat, or in person to provide support and information on products or services.
- Collects and enters orders for new or additional products or services.
- Fields customer questions and complaints; when the issue is beyond the representative’s knowledge, escalates to a Client Account Manager.
- Ensures appropriate and timely actions are taken to resolve customers challenges and concerns.
- Maintains customer accounts and records of customer interactions with details of inquiries, challenges, and comments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to work longer hours during peak season.
- Ability to lift to 35 lbs. by yourself and use assistance of another team member for anything greater than that up to 70 lbs.
Skills / Required Behaviors
- Excellent communications skills including active listening.
- Service-oriented and able to resolve customer challenges.
- Friendly and can-do attitude.
- Model exceptional teamwork skills with an excellent attendance history.
- Be detailed oriented and organized with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow, understand, train, and modify standard work.
- Be solution focused with the ability to collaborate with team members on the solution.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite with the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to sit/stand at a desk working on a computer.
- Trust Others and Be Trusted.
- Be Honest, Be Humble and Be Hungry to Learn.
- Be Driven and Collaborate on the Solution.
- Practice Open Communication.
- Speak with Data.
- Respect Confidentiality.
- Embrace Change.
High School Degree required
Prior Customer Service Experience Required
Competitive salary and benefits
To apply click the button below. Please include your resume.
This job description is subject to change at any time. As part of your employment, you may be asked to perform duties outside of this job description. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.