Job Title: Production Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Who is eCommerce Direct:
In today’s world all commerce is eCommerce and brands must be able to connect the digital and physical commerce worlds with ease. eCommerce Direct’s technology enabled fulfillment center provides a robust end-to-end solution to help our clients grow their top line through direct-to-consumer solutions: seize cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, integrate multichannel efforts, and improve customer targeting.
What we’re looking for………team members who are hungry, humble and smart. We love to work with people who always do the right thing and care deeply about each other, our clients and our communities.
The Production Supervisor role is in Des Moines, IA and will run multiple production areas with the assistance of team leads in the fulfillment/eCommerce warehouse in Des Moines. This role will report to the Director of Operations and will pay a key role in helping operate and direct day to day business of our fulfillment facility by supervising staff and organizing and monitoring workflow.
- Responsible for fulfillment and logistics activities for multiple production areas, ensuring that performance meets business requirements
- Manage a team on non-exempt individual contributors and team leaders
- Support, communicate, implement, sustain and consistently enforce all company policies and ground rules
- Build and sustain positive morale and attitudes among all reporting team members
- Set daily / weekly / monthly goals, communicating them effectively to team members
- Train production team members on the job to perform up to safety, quality and productivity standards
- Ability to generate and submit reports on performance and progress
- Flexibility to work longer hours during peak season
- Direct and lead team in lean principles, 5S, safety, teamwork and the overall implementation of Industry 4.0 Standards and Principles
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Required Behaviors
- Ability to have positive interactions with team, peers and all members of the leadership team
- Model exceptional teamwork skills with an excellent attendance history
- Be detailed oriented and organized with good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to follow, understand, train and modify standard work
- Be solution focused with the ability to collaborate with team members on the solution
- Ability to stand and walk a substantial portion of the work shift
- Ability to lift to 35 lbs. by yourself and use assistance of another team member for anything greater than that up to 70 lbs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
High School Degree required
High Education a plus
2 – 5 years of fulfillment or manufacturing experience
Leadership / supervisory experience preferred
Competitive salary and benefits
To apply click the button below. Please include your resume.
This job description is subject to change at any time. As part of your employment, you may be asked to perform duties outside of this job description. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.